Freshly Squeezed Bites Newsletter, Issue 5
December 18, 2021
Happy holidays, candy lovers! It's one of our favorite times of year here at Torie & Howard, so we're dropping in to bring you some cheer! Although there are challenges in place for all, we have some ideas to help you feel good this season.
Consider gathering outdoors with your closest pals for a safe and budget-friendly experience. Whether a winter scavenger hunt, a snowball tournament, igloo building, or skating/sledding, it'll feel awesome to get your body moving all while having a blast. As always, why not take a piece of us with you? Our organic candy makes a scrumptious treat to help fuel adventure.
If you're still searching for the perfect heart-felt gift, drop into a holiday pop-up for gems you might not find elsewhere. This is a great way to meet unique vendors and support local artisans. Speaking of supporting local; did you know that the Torie & Howard team regularly volunteers? We've also donated over $250,000 to organizations like Tri-City Volunteers in Fremont, California and Arise & Shine Food and Outreach Center in Michigan City, Indiana, both working to help end food insecurity. Join us in paying it forward this holiday season by making a canned goods donation or checking out www.foodpantries.org/ for other volunteer & donation opportunities.
Stay well and cheers to a new year, ya'll!
Pomegranate Paloma from Torie & Howard and Sonoma Syrup
This tasty cocktail featuring our hard organic candies is the perfect winter sipper to warm you up. We hope you enjoy the result of this fun collaboration as much as we did! See below for details or visit our recipe site.
- Torie & Howard Pomegranate & Nectarine Hard Candy
- 1/2 oz Sonoma Syrup Company Pomegranate Simple Syrup
- 2 oz Ana Maria Rose Tequila or spirit of your choice
- 3 oz sparkling pink grapefruit juice/soda
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- Lime wedge
- In a shaker, add tequila, simple syrup, and lime juice. Shake with ice.
- Crush hard candy and pour onto plate.
- Moisten the outer rim of a glass with the lime wedge and coat with crushed candy.
- Strain cocktail into glass. Top with a float of sparkling pink grapefruit.
- Enjoy! :)